Monday, May 28, 2012

Tested and Loved: Summer Scent

It's almost summer - a season that brings clutter into my beauty cabinet and headache in front of the beauty counters. It seems like the amount of product ads in the magazines grows ten-fold tricking my mind into thinking I have to have it all or else ... uneven tone, freckles, sunburned nose, sun bleached eyelashes, frizzy hair, etc, etc ... NO THANKS! ... and my wallet looses pounds faster than my toned body on a juicing cleanse.


Thus, I decided to start a new rubric Tested and Loved where I would love to share with you the few products that I had a chance to test and fall in love with.



Of course, all new beginnings start with a new hair color, new lipstick or new fragrance (for me). It feels like I've been trying to choose my signature scent forever, because my likes evolve depending on the time of the year/ day/ just all the time. What has remained constant is my love for fresh and citrusy fragrances for summer. I tend to avoid floral perfumes, because most of the time their scent is so one-dimensional and what's even worse - they bear distorted resemblance of the florals behind them.

Last week I changed my mind!

One of my all-time favorite flowers is lily-of-the-valley.

Busted! I borrowed this little bouquet from my neighbor's front lawn ;-)

I love its uniquely fresh and invigorating scent. It's a great example of a floral that is not too sweet, which makes you want to smell it over and over again. 


Last week I came across Diorissimo by Christian Dior, which has notes of jasmine, lily of the valley and ylang-ylang, hence, by no means is a plain floral. To me, it mostly smells like lily of the valley, which is highly addictive! 


Before I can afford a bottle of my own, I will spray a whiff on my pulse points as I pass by the fragrance counter. What fragrances do you prefer to use in the summer time and why?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...