Monday, March 26, 2012

Follow Your Heart

I loved to draw when I was a kid, though my parents never supported my humble attempts. They made me take dance lessons instead. They meant well, but dancing only made me doubt my artistic talent. I was really bad at it! I never believed that artistry can be taught. People are either born with an easel in their hand or they are not, right? Wrong! 



I follow Garance Dore blog religiously. Apart from showing how to live life to the fullest, she has inspired me to learn how to draw.
I think her illustrations are divine. They are not necessarily realistically impeccable, but they always manage to convey the mood so brilliantly.


Through a myriad of  life experiences that seemed to take me some place where I did not belong, I finally met resistance, one of a life and death intensity. Life is too short to follow someone else's choices with regards to your future. My journey has only 1/2 step behind it, but I'm in the right direction, that I am sure of.  
I'm teaching myself how to draw again. This is one of the many attempts that I will make to follow my heart. 

I hope that in turn you will choose to follow yours! It is never too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...