Monday, May 14, 2012

Beautiful



As I was growing up, my mom used to remind over and over that "every person is beautiful". She further elaborated that the appearance doesn't matter much, because as you grow to know a person, his inner beauty finds its way onto the surface. I think it was one of the greatest lessons she taught me that I will make sure to pass onto my children as well.

The pop culture relentlessly emphasizes the importance of looking a certain way.
Its expectations undergo continuous change, but popular belief in its supremacy seems to be unshakable. It is especially sad when young people in their vulnerable years are being shaped by it.

I'm truly thankful for having stumbled upon Scott Schuman's genius some time ago. I follow his street style blog The Sartorialist religiously. Over time, images like these have changed the way I look at beauty and style.

by Scott Schuman of The Sartorialist

by Scott Schuman of The Sartorialist

by Scott Schuman of The Sartorialist

by Scott Schuman of The Sartorialist

by Scott Schuman of The Sartorialist

They made me become more accepting of shapes, print/color/texture combos, hair styles I've never before considered acceptable personally for myself. Today Scott changed the way I look at external beauty forever! I think this picture has brought my mom's words home 100%.

by Scott Schuman of The Sartorialist

At first, I admired the girl's carefree style and only at the second glance did I notice the prosthetic leg. And you know what?...I smiled. I smiled, because I've never seen such beauty before and I haven't even conversed with the girl. No need - the picture's worth a thousand words. More than anything, this girl inspires me to be nothing, but myself.

You are beautiful in every single way, words can't bring you down!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...