Sunday, June 3, 2012

Thinking Out Loud: the Chemistry of Inspiration

Since my career path developed an unexpected turn (when I decided to professionally dive into the world of fashion), ironically enough I've been lacking any kind of jewelry-making inspiration.

this rhombus pendant is the first piece of my new geometric collection (still on paper)


Inspiration is a volatile thing. It never crosses my mind when I have time for it. It comes in the most unexpected places, at the most inconvenient time.


I have a book of jewelry design sketches that I always keep next to my bed, because my bed is #1 place where ideas come to me, mostly when I'm falling asleep. Being creative, I find it hard to stay organised. As new design ideas come to me, I feel like they are so new and unusual, I will be able to retrieve them whenever. But then, when whenever finally knocks at the door of my prefrontal cortex, I'm not able to recall a thing. That's why I made it a habit to jot down everything and it's been working for me ever since.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...