Friday, July 6, 2012

LookBook: Summer Wardrobe Essentials

There was a time when I wouldn't wear a skirt or a dress for anything in the world - I was a tomboy growing up. It took me years to realize that skirts and dresses are much more comfortable and convenient compared to shorts and pants: no stretched out knees, no panty lines - unless it's a skin tight cocoon, ample "ventilation" on hot summer days :-) Besides, you don't really have to think much in putting an outfit together if part of it if a dress.

Needless to say sundresses are my summer wardrobe staple!

I wanted to share a look, made up from my summer essentials.


1. a dress
You really don't have to break the bank in getting a cute summer dress.
My to-go brands: H&M, Zara, Forever21, Madewell

2. a pair of earrings
I don't wear any other jewelry pieces during summer.
My to-go brands: All Good Jewelry (Boston) and, of course, Whyzee on Etsy

3. a pair of sandals
Preferably flat, made from thick and sturdy saddle leather in rust or cognac color (+ an extra pair of colored ones)
My to-go brand: J.Crew

4. a canvas tote
With stripes! No leather bags for summer for me!
My to-go brand: Gap

That's it!

What are your summer wardrobe staples?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...