Monday, April 18, 2011

Peacocks and Paisley

I have been going through some "Blast from the Past" pictures recently and came across this picture of a peacock. I took in during one of many trips I made with my friend while I lived in Germany.

Schwetzingen, Baden-Württemberg, Germany

 We went to the Schwetzingen Castle and after cruising for some time amidst the luscious English style gardens, we took a peek at the backyard. Aren't the most fascinating things happening there? We saw two gorgeous peacocks. I have no idea what business they had roaming around in the autumnal cold, but I was lucky enough to capture one of them on film. I'm sure you know the familiar paisley-eye pattern, which this picture reminded me of.

Ivan Ellis has graciously allowed me to use this gorgeous photo.

So much creative inspiration could be drawn from the peacock image, but I decided to focus on the form this time, rather than color. I made these peacock earrings from oxidized sterling silver and 14K gold-filled wire. Hours of experimentation and meticulous work and here are the results. I hope you like them!

2 comments:

  1. This is just fantastic! All hours of experimentation paid off, you created a wonderful jewelry piece, congratulations!
    I definitely like them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks you Yuliya! I just love it when you start playing with the wire and the idea you had originally - "golden rain" - turned into a peacock tail with just a twist of a wire :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...